If the spring 2017 bridal fashion shows are any indication, the buzzword for 2017 is sexy! Wedding gowns with plunging necklines were all over the runways! Let’s take a closer look at wedding dress trends 2017 according to the names behind the trends — the designers themselves:
The Trend: Sexy
- Deep V-Necks were evident on models in almost every show.
- Off The Shoulder Styles were shown at Sachin & Babi, J. Mendel, and Marchesa, among others.
- Structured Corsets were at the Tom Concordia, Maria Valentino and Reem Acra shows. Sexy without being too bare, they accentuate the narrowest part of your body.
The Trend: Florals
- Bold Embroidered Florals on sleek gowns were big at Lela Rose, J. Mendel, and many others.
- 3D Floral Details from last season were still going strong.
The Trend: Details
- Oversized Bows were a huge trend in the Carolina Herrera shows as well as on the runways at Ralph Lauren.
- Cascading Ruffles were both dramatic and insanely frilly!
- Billowy Sleeves on simple gowns were either lace or sheer for a boho-chic look.
The Trend: Toppers
- Capes were worn by models at Nareem Kahn
- Bomber Jackets with lace and fur embellishments were a “thing” at the Oscar de la Renta shows.
- Boleros looked more like short capelets.
- Ponchos accented with lace and fringe were at Alvina Valenta.
Hints of Color from Pantene’s Colors of the Year
- Rose Quartz was shown at Legends by Ramona Keveza’s show, and Jenny Packham.
- Serenity, a pale blue color was shown by models at the J. Mendel show and on models at Jenny Packham.
- Silvery, golden and pearly styles were billed as perfect for an evening wedding under the stars.
- Botanical Details like flowers, leaves and vines were everywhere, and billed as a modern take on a traditional classic.
- Some version of a pants-style wedding ensemble was shown at many of the shows. Some billed them as perfect for eloping brides, while others suggested wearing them at a rehearsal dinner or as a comfortable reception ensemble.
Whether you lean toward a traditional look, or you’re a modern woman all the way, you’ll find something to fall in love with in 2017’s biggest wedding dress trends!
To all Ohio brides-to-be: Need some help narrowing down your choices? We can help with great lines from designers like Martina Liana, Allure, Pronovias, Stella York, Essence, Justin Alexander and Elaya Vaughn! Book your appointment online today and let’s get started on making you the most stylish and beautiful bride in town!